Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How to take a shower without hot water in Russia..

I lived in Nizhny Novgorod, a city of Russia for about 5 years already. Basically I haven’t really find anything really excited or interesting here in Russia. In the opposite, I do find something weird and sometimes we called it “crazy + unreasonable” “events” here. How weird is it? It is so weird enough that I want to share it with everyone in my blog..weird enough?? LOL..

So here’s what I feel so weird -- why everytime when the Summer is around, they will cut the hot water? Do they really think that the cold water is suitable for the hot Summer here where the cold water is like 0ºC!!! So now, they cut off the hot water in our hostel which makes me waste some times just to think some better way to take my shower and wash my hair.

Well, it is the fact already..I can’t do anything about it because my Russian language is still not good for me to argue with Russians about this stupid hot water stuff. So what I can do here is to “teach” others who live in the same hostel with me, HOW TO TAKE SHOWER WITH ONLY ONE PAIL OF WATER!!!

1) First, fill ¾ of your big pail with cold water. Then boil water and pour into the pail to fill the rest of ¼.
2) And now you can take your “express shower”. First, shampoo your hair, and don’t rinse it.
3) Then, put body shampoo. For girls, you might want to put your feminine wash soap too.
4) So now you can pour water from top of your head to rinse your whole body, ya I guess it will be clean enough by using the whole big pail of water..

Of course this method doesn’t include facial wash – you may wash your face under cold tap water after or before your shower.
It doesn’t include body scrubbing and conditioner..man, please remember the situation here..we have no hot water!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They shut off the hotwater for maintenance purpose. Cleaning the pipes.
Usually last around 1-2 weeks.

Christie said...

hmm...ya this is what they said to us too...but usually ler..their definition of 1-2weeks is 3-4weeks in reality!!!kaka